Please be aware that this page only covers this website. For more information about the data we collect as an organisation, please see our Data Protection page.
How we collect your information
We collect/receive information about you in the following manner:
- When a user fills out a form or otherwise submits personal information
- From public sources
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information via any of the site’s input forms:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone
- Your address and postcode
Any email address data collected is never passed on to any third parties. If you do not wish to receive email newsletters from ourselves, please leave the “subscribe” option un-ticked when submitting any contact forms.
How we use your information
We will use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Improving this website
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted.
- Provide you with the services or information you have requested.
- With your consent we will send you occasional information on the work of the Trust or send information about events.
If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask you for consent and will use your information only on receiving your consent and then, only for the purpose(s) for which grant consent unless we are required to do otherwise by law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, do not tick the box to indicate that you want your email address to be used by for email marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the address given below or by emailing us
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share (port) your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to lodge a complaint with a statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws. To exercise these rights, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your information under our control. However, given the inherent risks, we cannot guarantee absolute security and consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Third-party links and use of your information
Changes to this policy
Grievance / Data Protection Officer
If you have any queries or concerns about the processing of your information that is available with us, you may email us at email@example.com. We will address your concerns in accordance with applicable law.
The appointed Data Protection Officer for the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust is Mr Mark Scallan. PC.dp. PC.foi.
Page last reviewed: 1 March 2023